[lxc-users] How to create my own container rootfs

manik sheeri sheeri185adidam at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 17:16:45 UTC 2016

Hi,

We have a gaming application that up until now we were running on Old Suse
distribution with our custom toolchain.
We are planning to migrate to Ubuntu for development
distribution/environment.
Also, we are planning to run our games in lxc container.

I was able to run our games with Ubuntu lxc-template i.e. privileged lxc
container created from lxc-ubuntu template.

Now, I want to build our custom toolchain and create the rootfs from that
custom toolchain and then run that container.

I would like to know how to create this rootfs with my custom toolchain.

The idea is to enable our gaming studios to download our toolchain
container and run games inside it.

thanks