[lxc-users] Error: /proc must be mounted

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Nov 29 05:24:05 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 12:41 AM, Itamar Gal <itamarggal at gmail.com> wrote:

> First, the "tree" command produces "error opening dir" messages:
>
>     $ sudo tree /var/lib/lxcfs
>
>     /var/lib/lxcfs
>     ├── cgroup
>     │   ├── blkio [error opening dir]
>

>     sudo service lxcfs start
>
> After restarting "ls" and "find" worked again, although "tree" still does
> not.
> Here is what I get from the "find" command:
>
>     $ find /var/lib/lxcfs/
>
>     /var/lib/lxcfs/
>     /var/lib/lxcfs/proc
>     /var/lib/lxcfs/proc/cpuinfo

Did you restart your container after you restart lxcfs? Sounds like your
lxcfs is somehow messed up (probably an old version running, crashed or not
yet restarted during last update), and restarting lxcfs fixed that. However
restarting lxcfs will broke running containers, so you should stop-start
the containers as well.

If that works, then perhaps there's still hope for your aging precise
server after all :)

--
Fajar