[lxc-users] Loop devices in 16.04 containers

Cam Cope cam at dropbox.com
Fri Nov 11 00:00:06 UTC 2016

Hi all,
  I'm trying to mount loop filesystems inside Ubuntu 16.04 containers with
lxc1 v2.0.5, but there are no loop devices. It appears that systemd fails
to start udev because /sys is not writable. I changed the automount config
to sys:rw and restarted the container, but the loop devices still do not
appear. Here is my container config:

lxc.include = /usr/share/lxc/config/nesting.conf
lxc.include = /usr/share/lxc/config/ubuntu.common.conf
lxc.arch = x86_64
lxc.rootfs = /var/lib/lxc/x/rootfs
lxc.rootfs.backend = dir
lxc.utsname = x
lxc.network.type = veth
lxc.network.link = lxcbr0
lxc.network.flags = up
lxc.network.hwaddr = 00:16:3e:3c:d5:f8
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = b 7:* rwm
lxc.mount.auto = cgroup:mixed proc:mixed sys:rw

-Cam