[lxc-users] Networking issue

Mateusz Korniak mateusz-lists at ant.gliwice.pl
Wed Nov 9 08:27:23 UTC 2016

On Wednesday 09 of November 2016 01:33:55 Saint Michael wrote:
> Now suppose I have a machine, not a container, in the same broadcast domain
> as the containers, same subnet.
> It cannot ping or ssh into a container, which is accessible from outside my
> network.
> However, from inside the container the packets come and go perfectly, when
> the connection is originated by the container.
> A container can ping that host I mentioned, but the host cannot ping back
> the container.

Assuming you have container on host and external machine,
if you can:
machine ~]$  ping container
but  not (if I understand correctly):
container ~]$  ping machine

compare (tcpdump  -e icmp  -n )  of both pings on machine and host to see if
they are different?

check if they do not get filtered by rp_filter
sysctl  -a | grep [.]rp_filter

--
Mateusz Korniak
"(...) mam brata - poważny, domator, liczykrupa, hipokryta, pobożniś,