[lxc-users] How to open a ticket with LXC

Serge E. Hallyn serge at hallyn.com
Tue Nov 8 18:26:34 UTC 2016

Stéphane was helpfully pointing you in the direction of where the problem
probably lies.  Don't read it as "your problem isn't important so I'm
closing it", read it as "your problem sounds like it could be x or y."

github.com/lxc/lxc tracks upstream lxc.  This is independent of Ubuntu.
If you want to file an ubuntu bug, go to
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxc or
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux for the kernel, and hit
'Report a bug' on the right.  (Or if you pay for support go through your
support channel)

github.com/lxc/lxc is also an independent volunteer project, so the entitlement
in this message is unwarranted.  If I show up to help move your couch in my
free time, you can't complain that I didn't paint your walls.  The message
closing your issue was a very polite, respectful, and helpful one.

I understand that as a user you don't really want to have to care about
who's providing what software, but everyone will be able to do their jobs
much better if they can focus on what they focus on.

-serge

Quoting Saint Michael (venefax at gmail.com):