[lxc-users] How to set a network or to empty lxd

Vince vincezd at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 14:32:11 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Just discovered lxd yesterday, trying it out with great expectations !

When I launch a container, I get the message that it has no network
attached:

The container you are starting doesn’t have any network attached to it.
  To create a new network, use: lxc network create
  To attach a network to a container, use: lxc network attach

and as a consequence I can't run apt-get in it.
(When I ran "lxd init" I mistakenly answered "no" at the question about
network)

Can you show me
a- how to attach a network (can't find doc)
b- or how to empty lxd to init it a second time

a) to attach a network, I tried:
- to change the key "lxc.network.type" inside /etc/lxc/default.conf
which was at "empty". Tried with veth (as told on irc), eth0, wlan0…
- I tried things like "lxc network attach eth0 firstcontainer" with
either eth0, wlan0

  I shutdown lxd and try with a new container every time. No change.

b) I can't run lxd init a second time because I get
error: You have existing containers or images. lxd init requires an
empty LXD.
I deleted all the images I found with "lxc list", but that isn't enough.
How can I empty lxd for real ?

Thanks !
Regards,

Vincent