[lxc-users] Question about your storage on multiple LXC/LXD nodes

Benoit GEORGELIN - Association Web4all benoit.georgelin at web4all.fr
Wed Nov 2 15:53:19 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm wondering what kind of storage are you using in your infrastructure ?
In a multiple LXC/LXD nodes how would you design the storage part to be redundant and give you the flexibility to start a container from any host available ?

Let's say I have two (or more) LXC/LXD nodes and I want to be able to start the containers on one or the other node.
LXD allow to move containers across nodes by transferring the data from node A to node B but I'm looking to be able to run the containers on node B if node A is in maintenance or crashed.

There is a lot of distributed file system (gluster, ceph, beegfs, swift etc..) but I my case, I like using ZFS with LXD and I would like to try to keep that possibility .

If you can share your experience and how you do this part of the infrastructure that would be interesting.

Thanks.

Cordialement,
BenoƮt