[lxc-users] LXD container with NIC in promiscuous mode

Felipe fmbrieva at gmail.com
Thu May 26 16:25:26 UTC 2016

If nictype is bridged (see my "profile_br1"):

name: profile_br1
config: {}
devices:
  eth1:
    name: eth1
    nictype: bridged
    parent: br1
    type: nic

NIC eth1 in the container  doesn't work in promiscuous mode.

So my solution is pass a physical interface (in promiscuous mode) to the
container (see my profile "mirror"):

name: mirror
config: {}
devices:
  eth1-mirror:
    nictype: physical
    parent: eth1-mirror
    type: nic

and now container sees all traffic from mirror port.

if someone has a better solution I'm interested in knowing , thanks.

Now i can try to install SecurityOnion on a LXD conainer :)