[lxc-users] Error while trying to create/start unprivilege containers/ Bug report ?

Rémy Dernat remy.d1 at gmail.com
Fri May 13 08:05:35 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am new on lxc, although, I used other container technologies in the past.
I choose to switch to lxc for the userspace capabilties.
I followed this tutorial: https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/lxc.html

Note : I am using paste.debian.net in this mail, because the output of my
commands are quite long (I submitted this mail with full output on this
list yesterday, but the message was too big to be allowed).

For my first tests of lxc I was quite disappointed; the creation of
containers works fine as sudo, but not when you try to run it as non-root
user: http://paste.debian.net/683686/

Debug informations: http://paste.debian.net/683687/

Creating manually the missing directories with good permissions
(100000:maintenance) allows me to create the container. However, then, if I
launch the "lxc-start" I still have some issues:
http://paste.debian.net/683688/

I can send the full debug information if necessary.

The only error message which seems to be relevant on this list is this one:
https://lists.linuxcontainers.org/pipermail/lxc-users/2015-February/008412.html

Some additional informations on my configuration:
http://paste.debian.net/683689/

I also read this thread on ubuntuask:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/623789/problem-setting-up-a-user-space-lxc-container
But running its script and installing lxc from ppa archive in version 2.0
did not change anything. Note that everything works as expected on ubuntu
16.04 (from Ubuntu apt official repositories; I did not try the lxc ppa).
This problem only occurs on ubuntu 14.04.

I would be happy to get lxc works as expected in userspace on Ubuntu 14.04.

Kind regards,

Remy