[lxc-users] Issue #1570: Cannot stop a Xenial container.

Hans Deragon hans.deragon at gmail.com
Fri May 6 12:31:43 UTC 2016

Greetings,

I created a few days ago a new container on an updated Ubuntu Trusty
Thar 14.04 LTS host using the following command:

   lxc launch images:ubuntu/xenial/amd64 server1

Now, it hangs when I run:

   lxc stop server1

This problem was reported at https://github.com/lxc/lxd/issues/1570

What puzzles me, is that stopping a container is such a basic feature
that I am surprise to find that it is not being addressed.  Both Trusty
and Xenial are now out and production ready, yet one cannot stop a
Xenial container.  Are we the only one that have this problem?  Should I
open a new bug report or can someone open this one again since it is not
fixed?

Best regards,
Hans Deragon