[lxc-users] LXC - Unixbench - resource temporarily unavailable

Marko Đukić marko.djukic at gmail.com
Mon May 9 10:16:01 UTC 2016

Hello!

I am using LXC (version 2.0.0) on ubuntu server 16.04 amd 64. I
created a container using the template ubuntu xenial amd64.

I ssh into the container and run Unixbench in it. Unixbench fails at
the "Process creation test" (which basically forks and exits child
processes in a loop) with the message "fork failed, reason: resource
temporarily unavailable".
I tried running the test manually (Unixbench/pgms/spawn) and sometimes
it works and mostly it fails.

Am i missing some settings for the container? The only thing I did set
was a memory limit of 8GB. Later I changed it to 1GB and then removed
it.

Funny thing is - when I try the same on another computer with ubuntu
desktop 16.04 - the test succedes every time.

Where is the problem?

Regards

Marko