[lxc-users] Container created from Centos 7 template not starting

Bryan Christ bryan.christ at gmail.com
Thu May 5 18:09:20 UTC 2016

I just tried installing Centos 7 from the template system on Ubuntu 14.04.4
LTS.  As soon as I try to start the container, I get the error shown
below.  I came across a forum thread that suggesting lxcfs needed to be
installed so I installed it from apt.  I also purged /var/lib/cache/lxc/
and re-installed but I still got the same results.

lxc-start -F -n centos7-base
systemd 219 running in system mode. (+PAM +AUDIT +SELINUX +IMA -APPARMOR
+SMACK +SYSVINIT +UTMP +LIBCRYPTSETUP +GCRYPT +GNUTLS +ACL +XZ -LZ4
-SECCOMP +BLKID +ELFUTILS +KMOD +IDN)
Detected virtualization lxc.
Detected architecture x86-64.

Welcome to CentOS Linux 7 (Core)!

Failed to install release agent, ignoring: No such file or directory
Failed to create root cgroup hierarchy: No such file or directory
Failed to allocate manager object: No such file or directory
[!!!!!!] Failed to allocate manager object, freezing.

--
Bryan
<><