[lxc-users] lxd "hello, network"?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed May 4 05:08:30 UTC 2016

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 6:12 AM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> What's the best overview of lxd networking?  is it still
> https://insights.ubuntu.com/2016/04/07/lxd-networking-lxdbr0-explained/
> ?

That looks correct.

> I would expect
> https://www.stgraber.org/2016/03/11/lxd-2-0-blog-post-series-012/
> to have an lxd networking page, but it doesn't so far.
>
> I haven't had much luck using lxd-init to set up working networking;
> the containers I create do get IP addresses, but end up with empty
> /etc/resolv.conf files
> and can't ping.  Nor can I ssh into them, even though openssh-server
> is installed.

dpkg-reconfigure -p medium lxd

choose the appropriate input. For example, enable IPV4 NAT, choose
10.0.3.1 as address, etc. Your input would end up on
/etc/default/lxd-bridge. The default profile should work as-is (it
uses lxdbr0), no need to edit it.

Note that it does not perform verification, so for example, if you put
10.0.3.1 as bridge IP address but use 192.168.0.100 as DHCP start IP,
dnsmasq would simply won't start. Which might explain the problem you
experienced.

--
Fajar