[lxc-users] lxd "hello, network"?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue May 3 23:27:53 UTC 2016

This worked for me:

sudo apt-get install -y lxd
sudo lxd init    #and let it set up ipv4 bridging
REAL_ETHERNET=`ip link | grep UP | egrep -v 'lo:|lxd|lxc|docker|veth'
| awk '{print $2}' | sed 's/://'`
lxc profile device set default eth0 parent $REAL_ETHERNET
lxc profile device set default eth0 nictype macvlan
lxc launch ubuntu: demo
while ! lxc exec demo -- ping -c 1 8.8.8.8
do
    sleep 1
done