[lxc-users] LXD 2 rc5: Cannot download images

Genevski, Pavel pavel.genevski at sap.com
Fri Mar 25 14:16:21 UTC 2016

Hi,

Using rc5 I am finding it impossible to launch any images (I am behind a proxy). It used to work fine in v0.8.

root at XXX:~# lxc image list images:
error: Get https://images.linuxcontainers.org:8443/1.0/images?recursion=1: x509: certificate signed by unknown authority

Tried exporting the certificate from Firefox, copying it into /usr/local/share/ca-certificates  and running update-ca-certificates (said 1 was added). It did not help.

For the Ubuntu images repo I am getting a different error
root at XXX:~# lxc image copy ubuntu:14.04 local:
error: Get https://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/releases/streams/v1/index.json: Unable to connect to: cloud-images.ubuntu.com:443

Both of these URL work fine with wget, which is configured to work with our proxy (.wgetrc has use_proxy=yes and http_proxy=our proxy). Also http_proxy and https_proxy env variables are properly configured.

Is there anything else we poor users-behind-proxy can do about this?

Best,
Pavel