[lxc-users] Networking LXD containers

efersept stevekadams at outlook.com
Wed Mar 23 14:15:33 UTC 2016

After doing some homework on virtualization networking techniques and
studying the contents of /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lxc/lxc-net am I
correct in deducing that the default lxc/lxd bridge (lxcbr0) is a NATed
interface? If I wanted to attach containers to a simple bridged
interface and give them IPs on my network would it be as simple as
creating the following entry in the container's config after the bridge
was setup on the host?

devices:
   eth0:
     name: eth0
     nictype: bridged
     parent: br0
     type: nic

Or is there some other configuration that would need to be done with
lxc/lxd to accomplish this?