[lxc-users] lxd networking - how to rid containers of lxcbr0

jjs - mainphrame jake at mainphrame.com
Wed Mar 23 03:08:53 UTC 2016

I'm starting to do some testing with servers under lxd, and am confounded
by the inability to configure networking as desired. Obviously I'm missing
some elementary step here.

For all my lxc servers, I could edit /var/lib/lxc/<ct name>/config and
voila - full control over the network modes and devices per container, or
edit /etc/lxc/default.conf for defaults.

With lxd, I can't seem to get rid of lxcbr0 -

"lxc profile edit default" - set nictype to "bridged" & got rid of lxcbr0,
setting parent to "br0"

Saved the following configuration:

name: default
config: {}
devices:
  eth0:
    name: eth0
    nictype: bridged
    parent: br0
    type: nic

I create a container: "lxc launch ubuntu:618ab2ddf554 first"

and "lxc list" shows this:

| NAME  |  STATE  |              IPV4              | IPV6 |    TYPE    |
SNAPSHOTS |
| first | RUNNING | 192.168.111.247 (eth0)         |      | PERSISTENT | 0

|       |         | 10.0.3.1 (lxcbr0)              |      |            |

Why is lxcbr0 there? Is it possible to get rid of it?

Puzzled,

Jake