[lxc-users] Clean output for lxc list

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Thu Mar 10 11:39:00 UTC 2016

On 10/03/16 18:54, Stéphane Graber wrote:
> We've had a few folks ask for a --format option of some sort which
> would allow them to get the info in csv, tabular or json/yaml
> format.

One simple approach could be that if one used the default lxc list
with anything other than -c (or --columns) then the current ascii
border eye-candy remains intact but as soon as -c is used then the
ascii border (and header) is removed and the vertical bars replaced
with tabs. The logic being that if someone uses -c then they know
what they are looking for and do not need the extra visual support.

ie;...

~ lxc list gc3
| NAME |  STATE  |        IPV4        | IPV6 |    TYPE    | SNAPSHOTS |
| gc3  | RUNNING | 192.168.0.3 (eth0) |      | PERSISTENT | 0         |