[lxc-users] Multitenant & baremetal with LXD

Remzi AKYÜZ linuxliste at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 19:24:33 UTC 2016

Hi,

03/07/2016 07:55 PM tarihinde Rahul Rege yazdı:
> Hi,
>
> While this is not a question specifically for LXC/LXD, I thought I'd
> ask to get the general opinion about the multi-tenancy and its support
> in LXD (the nova-compute for same already gives some good ground).
>
> Its my understanding from the general reading that the Linux kernel is
> not made for multitenancy, so if I am to implement a solution with say
> LXD to run on baremetal servers, ideally I cannot put different
> customers containers on the same host because of the potential
> security issues (I fully don't understand what those are)

Why do you think lxc/lxd has of the potential security issues?

Please look at proxmox container!
http://www.proxmox.com/en/proxmox-ve/features
It use lxc for container.

I am thinking  lxc + apparmor + cgroups + lvm or raw image file(for
container file system) are enough for security.

we know setup is not easy therefore we use proxmox for lxc management .  :-)

If you have experience with   "  lxc + apparmor + cgroups + lvm or raw
image file(for container file system)", you can try proxmox.