[lxc-users] Ubuntu 14.0.4 LXC memory usage inside container

Flo florian.engelmann at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 09:23:39 UTC 2016

Dear list,

I am wondering about the "best practice" method to get memory
statistics from inside a LXC (hostOS Ubuntu 14.04, LXC OS Ubuntu
14.04). Because of company policy we are not allowed to use backports.
So we are stuck with LXC 1.0.8 and cgmanager 0.24.
Installing cgmanager and cgmanager-utils inside the container just to
get memory statistics seems like a lot of overhead to me. Installing
cgroup-lite sounds more like a workaround to me and I would have to
reboot the host systems, do I?

So whats the "best" solution to get those statistics?

All the best,
Florian