[lxc-users] [solved] is precise-gui special?

Mike Wright nobody at nospam.hostisimo.com
Sun Mar 6 18:57:49 UTC 2016

On 03/06/2016 09:10 AM, Mike Wright wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm moving through Stéphane Graber's website LXC 1.0 series and am at
> LXC 1.0: GUI in containers.
>
> When it came time to install chrome the google i386 apps 404'ed but the
> 64s are still there.
>
> Is there anything in particular that is special about precise-gui or can
> I perform the experiment on any of the available 64bit ubuntu distros?

And the answer is... yes you can.  There is nothing special about
precise-gui.

I just installed google-chrome into an unprivileged container running
Xenial and it came up without a hitch.  Actually it came up faster from
the lightweight container than it does from my actual Wily desktop.

Great work Stéphane!

Thanks,
Mike Wright