[lxc-users] Networking LXD containers

efersept stevekadams at outlook.com
Wed Mar 2 19:26:45 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,
     Just for some background I am not a newbie to Linux but my
experience with containers is only about a month old and my networking
skills, specifically Linux networking, are basically beginner level.
     I have been experimenting with nested containers. However, even
though everything works perfectly as far as typical tasks such as
installing and launching applications, I have run into trouble with some
other network related issues. For instance it would be nice to ssh into
the containers at the top of the stack to do some admin tasks, but can
not seem to direct network traffic from the host or any container beyond
the container directly above. I have tried everything I know and a lot
of things that I do not with no success and have broken the host and LXD
several times. It would be nice to have network access to these
containers from the host as well as the local network and the internet.
These are probably pretty basic networking problems and not specifically
related to LXD containers but if I could get some background as to how
the container network environment is setup, specifically nested
containers, it would go a long way. This has already been a huge
learning experience but I have the feeling I am missing something obvious.
-Steve Adams