[lxc-users] lxc / lxd I'm lost somewhere

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Tue Mar 1 23:34:29 UTC 2016

On 02/03/16 01:34, Benoit GEORGELIN - Association Web4all wrote:
> User A will have his own space for containers
> User B will have his own space for containers
>
> They should do "lxc-ls -f" or "lxc list"  and see only their own containers
>
> Maybe this is not a typical use case ?

I think the best way to achieve this level of user isolation would be to
use nested containers so that each user is assigned to and logged into
a "parent" container and then they have full control of and can only view
their own (nested) containers. I'm not sure how well containers within
containers is supported these days but it does work to some degree.

As for a LXD version of this...

lxc-create -n test -t ubuntu -B lvm --lvname test --vgname vg_node1 --fstype ext4 --fssize 1GB

it could be as simple as...

lxc launch unbuntu test

where extra settings may need a custom profile according to...

https://github.com/lxc/lxd/blob/master/specs/configuration.md