[lxc-users] DRI in LXD

Pete Osborne pete at pwo.ca
Tue Mar 1 13:58:16 UTC 2016

Hi,

I've been using LXD for a few months now and really like how it's shaping
up. I would like to know if it's possible to run opengl applications within
an LXD container sharing the hosts' X server? The primary function is to
build and test Qt5 based applications that use open gl.

I've found several guides on how to set it up in an LXC container but i'd
prefer to use LXD. I'm using a privielged container, and I attempted
creating all the device files (/dev/dri/card0, /dev/video0, dev/nvidia*,
/dev/fb0, dev/tty* ) from withing my container using mknod, but I think I
need some way of using a bind mount.

Can anyone provide some advice?

Thanks,
Pete