[lxc-users] Btrfs - Disk quota and Ubuntu 15.10

Benoit GEORGELIN - Association Web4all benoit.georgelin at web4all.fr
Thu Jun 30 14:19:33 UTC 2016

Yes, I have to idea in mind.

1- Using ZFS
I have to try how it looks with LXD/LXC. I wanted to give a try to btrfs .
With ZFS , are you using quotas ? Can you tell me what "df -h" looks into your container ?
With btrfs , the container see the disk size of the host, so you don't know how much space you are using, it's was not the best anyways.

2- LVM
A the beginning, it's the solution I was using. Finally it was not that bad.
By a script to create containers, I was doing :
- Create a new LVM Volume
- Mount the volume
- Install the container with "dir path"

So in the container you have one disk, it's the full size of the volume and act like a real disk including volume size information

Cordialement,

Benoît