[lxc-users] using cgroups

rob e redgerhoo at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jun 28 11:23:17 UTC 2016

hi,
I'm experiencing the same problem. I use "lxc.cgroup" to constrain
resource usage and to provide access to devices

in trying to re-use containers established under Trusty, I find that
lxc.cgroup clauses prevent the container starting

furthermore, if I create a new "test" container on Xenial, it will start
and run ok until I start adding lxc.cgroup clauses, at which point it
will no longer start.

LXC is installed. LXD is NOT installed. CGMANAGER is installed. All
packages are current from Xenial LTS

Is there anything I can do to help pin this down ? Will a test conducted
in a KVM based VM be valid / useful ?

Rob