[lxc-users] LXD containers lose outbound network

brian mullan bmullan.mail at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 11:03:10 UTC 2016

david

rather than using ping what does traceroute show you?

Your problem sounds an awful lot like what many Docker users started
reporting in this long thread

https://github.com/docker/docker/issues/13381

If you take the time to read through all of it you will notice several
people came up with several different causes ranging from 1 guy's Dlink
wireless router having a bug with its internal dns support to another user
adding to /etc/resolv.conf the google dns

however... most of the users on that thread report something similar to
this guy's statement:

*We are having the same issue. After about 16-19 hours of uptime (longer on
the weekends), the container goes into a state where it cannot talk to the
outside world. Restarting the container or the docker daemon (which in turn
restarts the container) will bring everything back to operating properly...
for the next 16-19 hours or so. *

I'm only bringing this up because there are a lot of "moving parts"
involved and no one but you knows the "big picture" of your complete
server/network setup such as what router's you use, what Distro & release,
what kernel etc.

I thought the above link might give you some ideas of things to check on
your LXD network issue.

Brian