[lxc-users] [lxd] trying to set eth0 mac address fails

Rémy Dernat remy.d1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 08:57:19 UTC 2016

Hi,

As already said in title, I am trying to set eth0 mac address on my
container. My container is bridged from my host.

I try two differents strategies:

1/

cat <<EOF | lxc profile edit vlan
name: vlan
config: {}
devices:
  eth0:
    hwaddr: $MAC_ADR_LXD
    name: eth0
    nictype: macvlan
    parent: $ETH_FOR_BRIDGE
    type: nic
EOF

lxc profile apply $CONTAINER_NAME vlan

When I restart ('stop', and then 'start', not 'restart') the container, I
get the following error:

http://paste.debian.net/751317/

Although, the container is stopped (not running) (checked with 'lxc list').

2/

lxc config set $CONTAINER_NAME volatile.eth0.hwaddr $MAC_ADR_LXD

It does not seem to do anything; the MAC adress for eth0 is not modified.

Any idea ?

Best,
Remy