[lxc-users] Set specific mount options for the ROOTFS

Olivier BONHOMME obonhomme+lxc at nerim.net
Mon Jun 20 15:44:53 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 09:51:11AM -0500, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting Olivier BONHOMME (obonhomme+lxc at nerim.net):
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to set up containers using LXC and i have question about how is mounted the rootfs.
> >
> > I would love to start my container with some specific mount options in order to
> > increase a little bit the security reducing what it is possible to do directly
> > on the ROOTFS. That's why, I would love to apply some restrictions on the /
> > mountpoint like ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec.
> >
> > I tried using the lxc.rootfs.options without success. So I wonder to know if it
>
> lxc.rootfs.options is meant to work, fwiw.  If you give more details about your
> setup (is the rootfs on a device or in a file, or just a directory;  what is the
> whole config file;  what host system do you have) someone should be able to
> reproduce and hopefully fix the bug.

Hello Serge,

Thanks for your quick answer. My entries are the following :
 - Host System CentOS 7
 - LXC Version : 1.0.8 provided by EPEL
 - Template used : lxc-sshd

In order to create the container I used the lxc-create command with the -t sshd parametrer.
So the rootfs created is stored in a directory in the default directory /var/lib/lxc/<mycontainer>/rootfs.

The config file used is the one automatically created by the sshd template. I just override the lxc.rootfs.options setting ro,noexec,nodev,nosuid.

But when I do an lxc-attach / is mounted as rw in /proc/mounts.

Regards,
Olivier Bonhomme