[lxc-users] About checkpoint and restore

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Jun 15 03:05:31 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 7:56 AM, Xinyang Ge <aegiryy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 8:24 PM, Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex.ru> wrote:
>
>> Of course no. you would get duplicate hostnames and MAC addresses, between
>> other duplicate things, like SSH keys and so on, depends on your setup.
>> If you want to roll a set of containers from single master image, then do that
>> instead of using wrong tools for the job.
>
> Thanks for the insights!  We want to use linux container for fuzz
> testing.  At a high level, we want to duplicate the environment (e.g.,
> container) and feed different inputs for testing.  So, if it cannot be
> done in parallel, can I restore a container from the same snapshot
> multiple times (but not simultaneously)?

What do you need whey you "restore from snapshot"?

If you're okay with "the containers contain identical software, and
fine with it being in just-booted state", then you might need to look
at "lxc copy"  (which can create multiple copies of the container from
the same source, each with its own unique MAC address) instead of "lxc
snapshot".

--
Fajar