[lxc-users] lxc move fails

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 1 14:24:01 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 01, 2016 at 11:04:58PM +0900, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Trying to move a running container between two Ubuntu 16.04 servers with the
> latest updates installed:
>
> # lxc move local-container remote:
> error: Error transferring container data: checkpoint failed:
> (00.316028) Error (pie-util-vdso.c:155): vdso: Not all dynamic entries are
> present
> (00.316211) Error (cr-dump.c:1600): Dumping FAILED.
>

> Expected?

I don't believe I've seen that one before. Maybe Tycho has.

Live migration is considered an experimental feature of LXD right now,
mostly because CRIU still needs quite a bit of work to serialize all
useful kernel structures.

You may want to follow the "Sending bug reports" section of my post here
https://www.stgraber.org/2016/04/25/lxd-2-0-live-migration-912/

That way we should have all the needed data to look into this.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer