[lxc-users] removing cgmanager

Serge E. Hallyn serge at hallyn.com
Tue Jul 26 13:22:32 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm intending to remove cgmanager from Debian.  Upstream and distro
maintainers all agree this is the right thing to do, but I don't want
this to come as a surprise to anyone - so wanted to send out one last
email warning and asking if anyone is depending on it.

I've said I'll act on Aug 9, but I may just do it earlier to get it
over with.

The replacement for cgmanager's functionality is cgroup namespaces
and lxcfs.  I may well write a replacement for the cgm command line
tool (though if someone else has time or has already written one,
that'd be even better), as well as a small boot time tool for
configuring cgroups.

No need for +1's, please just reply if this throws a monkey wrench
into your plans.

-serge