[lxc-users] Dynamically bind-mounting read-only into container

Tobias Olausson tobias.olausson at pelagicore.com
Mon Jul 4 10:41:10 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm working on a software using LXC where we want to be able to, while a
container is running, bind mount directories read-only into it. I guess
this means I can't use the lxc.mount entry, since that is read when
creating/starting the container, not while it is running.

I posted on StackOverflow before thinking about asking on this mailing list
[1]. Basically, unless I re-mount _inside_ the container, the mount shows
up as read-write inside it, even though it is read-only in the host.

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38121765/can-i-mount-a-file-system-read-only-into-an-lxc-container

Cheers,

---
Tobias Olausson
M.Sc C.S.
Software Engineer

PELAGICORE | Experience Change
Ekelundsgatan 4, 6tr, SE-411 18 Gothenburg, Sweden
Mobile: +46(0)735-873444
http://www.pelagicore.com/
IRC: wto @ FreeNode

Registered Office Gothenburg, Sweden