[lxc-users] CGManager and LXCFS causing lxc-start to fail for unprivileged containers

Akshay Karle akshay.a.karle at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 21:33:00 UTC 2016

Hey Serge,

Note, just dropping the '-c freezer' argument also will tell pam_cgm.so
> to use all controllers.

That's good to know. Just tried it out, it works. Thanks!

> The debug info above says lxc is using cgfs and not cgmanager.  Exactly
> which lxc package version are you using?

I'm using lxc 1.1.5. Exact version 1.1.5-0ubuntu5~ubuntu14.04.1~ppa1
available from ppa:ubuntu-lxc/stable. Reading through the container start
logs I had sent in the previous email I found that it is indeed using
cgroupfs driver. Is this the cause of the problem? Should I be running cgfs
on trusty to begin with?

Looking at the code of cgroup.c
<https://github.com/lxc/lxc/blob/lxc-1.1.5/src/lxc/cgroup.c#L48>, I saw
that in the init it checks for HAVE_CGMANAGER macro but I can't seem to
figure out where it is being initialized, I'm guessing it should be
somewhere in the configure.ac but not sure. My C skills are really rusty
now.