[lxc-users] Yum hangs on CentOS 7 [Host] -> CentOS [Guest] privileged container

Rahul Rege rahul.rege at sungardas.com
Thu Jan 28 14:54:53 UTC 2016

Hi,

This is my first post on the mailing list.

I created couple of Centos 7, amd64 based priviledged containers. Set the
networking right with a bridge.

lxc-start without -d does not show any issues. The containers start fine.

I was able to install :
1) Epel-release rpm
2) Openssh-server rpm

Both from inside the container. However, when I try to install some other
applications, e.g. httpd or git, at one point the yum hangs forever.

If I however install the particular package that its dependent on, on the*
host*, it proceeds a bit and then halts somewhere else. There is no log or
anything in the audit or /var/log/messages

Installing it with chroot <rootfs> yum install <>  is an option but I am
wondering if whatever I am doing is basically wrong and not recommended.

Could I turn on some more logging to know what is going on ? Or if any of
you have faced the same issue.

I had tried running the thing on Ubuntu with the similar result but since I
needed the CentOS guest, I thought changing the host to CentOS can help.

I have seen some posts with the lxc-attach problem, so I tried it with
sshing but its the same result.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
Rahul Rege