[lxc-users] Connecting container to tagged VLAN

Guido Jäkel G.Jaekel at DNB.DE
Wed Jan 27 23:38:56 UTC 2016

Dear Joshua,

you wrote, that there's a trunk on eth1 and eth2. But for eth2, i can't see any VLAN (501 ?) detrunking as with eth1 & eth1.500. In the other hand you wrote, that eth2 is working. Are you shure, that you realy receive this trunk of 3 VLANs on your both eth's?

I'm using a (working) comparable setup: On the host, eth0 is used for host management on a detrunked port. On eth1, there's a trunk with the needed VLANs for different network for a staged environment. On eth1, there is a VLAN decoder for each of the needed VLANs. And this is attached to a seperate software bridge for each VLAN. A container's outside veth is attached for the appropriate bridge - this is done in a start script by a calculated configuration statement based on the container's name. But the lxc host is located on plain hardware, not in a VM.