[lxc-users] Connecting container to tagged VLAN

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Jan 27 21:39:20 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 1:43 AM, Joshua Schaeffer <jschaeffer0922 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm trying to setup a container on a new VLAN that only allows tagged
> traffic and I'm getting varied success.

the other two NIC's (eth1 and eth2) are setup to connect to this VLAN (vlan
> id 500).
>

> # The third network interface
> auto eth2
> iface eth2 inet static
>         address 10.240.78.4/24
>         gateway 10.240.78.1
>
> iface eth1.500 inet manual
>         vlan-raw-device eth1

Is eth1 connected to your switch as trunk? If no (e.g. you have the same
settings for eth1 and eth2 on the switch side), then you can't tag it
inside your host.

To put it another way:
- start with known-good configuration, THEN make incremental changes
- in yout case, start by testing whether it works on the HOST side when you
assign an IP address to eth1.500, WITHOUT br0-500 bridge, and WITHOUT any
ip address assigned to eth2.

--
Fajar