[lxc-users] Antw: Re: Cannot start network: Failed to attach

Thomas Belián thomas.belian at fh-erfurt.de
Thu Feb 25 11:52:10 UTC 2016

>>> "Fajar A. Nugraha" <list at fajar.net> schrieb am 2/25/2016 um 10:44 AM
in
Nachricht
<CAG1y0sdVeCcCxszgqDQc6+EA4+SOfuo49W2aN=diDbxQBsg8_w at mail.gmail.com>:
> > 10:06 AM in
> > Nachricht
> >> Thanks! Installing libvirt fixed my problem.
> >>
> >> Jochen
> >
> > Hello Jochen,
> >
> > I think next time it should be enough to install bridge-utils und
> > create the bridge you need (virbr, you can create it via
> > /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-virbr0).
>
> With THAT alone, you'd get something similar to vmware/virtualbox's
> "host only network". If you want the container to access outside
host,
> you also need to setup iptables and dnsmasq.

Really? I use it that way with KVM. Add a bridge device br0 with
bridge-utils and add to this bridge my "real" ethernet device. All my
KVM guests got this br0 device and everything is fine. Ok, LXC/LXD would
add another device in a different namespace to this bridge, but this
shouldn't be a problem. But maybe I'm wrong...

But anyway, using libvirt with the virbr0 which libvirt provides is
maybe the easier solution (if my solutions works with lxc, I never
tested this (shame on me)).

Thomas.

--
Thomas Belián