[lxc-users] any way to configure lxd as a hypervisor of openstack juno or kilo release in ubuntu 14.04? and how to install and configure LXD for openstack?

디케이 zuntong at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 18:46:17 UTC 2016

Hi^^ I want to configure lxd as a hypervisor of openstack juno or kilo
release in ubuntu 14.04.
Because http://docs.openstack.org provides only openstack Installation
guide for ubuntu 14.04.
So I can configure openstack in only ubuntu 14.04. I am afraid that
configuration need to be changed when configured in 15.04 or later version
anyway... I have found some information below, but this information is not
enough kind about configuration lxd-driver in openstack.  I should make it.
 please help me
thanks in advance.

1. reference :  https://linuxcontainers.org/lxd/getting-started-openstack/
ubuntu 15.10, in openstack compute node, Nova LXD driver install
(there is no openstack release vesion metioned)
how to :
# apt-get install nova-compute-lxd
# usermod -G lxd -a nova
# service nova-compute restart
is that all??
--->* Q1)*no need for setting in /etc/nova/nova-compute.conf like a
"virt_type = qemu" or "virt_type = lxc"  ???

---> *Q2)*what minimum release of openstack support LXD driver? lxd can be
configured in openstack juno ???

2. reference :
https://insights.ubuntu.com/2015/05/06/introduction-to-nova-compute-lxd/
(there is no ubuntu version, openstack release version metioned)
how to :
# git clone https://github.com/lxc/nova-compute-lxd
After installed source and configure. (there is no explation about "how to
installed source and configure", So I don't know how to do)
and then, compute_driver=nclxd.nova.virt.lxd.LXDDriver in
/etc/nova/nova.conf
# service nova-compute restart
or
in ubuntu 15.04,
# apt-get install nova-compute-lxd
and configure LXD  (there is no explanation about "how to configure"))

---> *Q1*) If not complecated, anyone can let me know lxd source
installation and configuration method for openstack
            and is there minimum ubuntu version for source installation and
configuration?

3. I found installation information,
In ubuntu 14.04, configuration for standalone LXD.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-lxc/lxd-stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install lxd

In ubuntu 14.04, configuration for openstack LXD
# add-apt-repository cloud-archive:juno
# apt-get update
# apt-get install nova-compute-flex

---> *Q1*) So, In my guess, standloane LXD configuration may be right,
however  I am not sure.for openstack LXD confugration? , how about this
way? Is it possible??