[lxc-users] LXC-Net IPv6 configuration

Fohlen fohlen at inexor.org
Fri Feb 5 15:03:31 UTC 2016

Hello there palls.
I currently dig around with LXC and thoroughly have problems with my
networking setup, concerning IPv6
Following situation

  * A host machine with 1 physical IPv4 and /64 physical IPv6 addresses
      o The operating system is Ubuntu Wily (15.10), LXC should be
        pretty up-to-date
  * Multiple userspace containers
  * IPv4 is connected using the inbuilt combination of NAT and dnsmasq
    to assign addresses
      o works like a charm
      o lxcbr0 is used as a bind interface

Unfortunately IPv6 doesn't work quiet similar. I've found an article (
http://blog.cepharum.de/en/post/lxc-host-featuring-ipv6-connectivity.html )
that quiet fits my expectation of the network design. Within the article
a virtual interface is specifically created to bridge IPv6, using radvd
for local-linking.
I was questioning weather there are similar configuration options in
/etc/default/lxc-net, since I could not find any official documentation.

I'd appreciate any help, kind regards

Fohlen