[lxc-users] [Help]LXD:point of differentiation. please answer my question

디케이 zuntong at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 07:39:02 UTC 2016

Hi^^

Recently, I first know about LXD and I have searched information with great
interest.

(from articles, linuxcontainers.org, ubuntu product page)

But, until now, There are some parts that I can't yet understand.

That parts are very important for me. please anyswer my question below.

thanks in advance.

*[Q1]* I read that "LXD container provides a full OS environment within
container."

       So I think that is one of the Point of Differences beween LXD and
other containers.

       Of course I know that app container like a docker does not support
full OS envinronment.

       But before announcing LXD, already LXC technology has existed. well
known technology.

       *Before LXD, Does LXC have already provided full OS environment??  *

       I know other container like solaris zone also supports.

*( I know that LXD uses LXC, However I want to distinguish beween LXD
new features and LXC origin feautre that have continued to support
before.)*

      *Am I right? or wrong? *

      If I am wrong,

     *What is the main reason that LXD provides a full OS environment in
comparison with lxc and zone??*

      except for functions like a multiple hosts, snapshots.... just focus
on full OS environment.

*[Q2]* *where can I get LXD manual? I have found a just few "get started
webpage"*

       I want to get "how to configure resource management",

       how to assign block device and volume, how to connect container to
outside and about configuraiotn files...

*[Q3]* LXD container can not servcie itself by own funtion?

       *It means LXD container must use other tool like a SDN, openstack??*

      * (Docker can uses unixsocket, tcpsocket for service with other
hosts, Docker does not need SDN*)

*[Q4] *All container technology use a host's kernel features (cgroup,
namespace. etc...)

     I know LXD also use host's kernel features.

     So VM like a virtubalbox, vmware can support better isolation and
security than container.

     because VMs have own kernel and VMs does not share kernel resource.

    * If so, How can LXD provide support better security and isolation than
other container technology?? *

*    How can LXD be called linux hypervisor in comparison with other
container(lxc, solaris zone)????.*