[lxc-users] Unable to Load Driver Inside Container

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 17 03:00:09 UTC 2016

Quoting hari (haritg020 at gmail.com):
> Hi,
>
> I have created a container and am trying to load a driver in it. insmod is
> not working and I believe the reason is because of *lxc.cap.drop =
> sys_module* being set while creating the container. I found this in log
> though I could not find this setting in any config files. If my assumption
> is right is there any way to unset this or do something like *lxc.cap.add =
> sys_module*?

It's a bad idea to load modules from a container, and if the container is
in a user ns you will not be able to do it at all.  But if you're sure you
want to do it  (and you're not in a user ns), then you have to first clear
lxc.cap.drop and then re-fill it with the other bits.  lxc.cap.drop and
lxc.cap.add cannot be used together.