[lxc-users] Yum hangs on CentOS 7 [Host] -> CentOS [Guest] privileged container

Rahul Rege rahul.rege at sungardas.com
Tue Feb 9 17:10:01 UTC 2016

Thanks Fajar, I was unaware of the lxcfs. I will install it on my host.

I would love to move back to Ubuntu since I had used it with LXC about a
year back and I was happy with it, although that time it was just a basic
app and a db that I was using it for and it didn't complain about anything.

I am revisiting LXC again and this time the guest had to be a CentOS with
following tasks in my mind :
- Guest should be able to run a full KVM inside it, I don't intend to run
it heavy but need it for some compute experiments.
- Guest should be able to run openVSwitch, be able to create veth pairs,
bridges and do all advanced networking.

So I started with priviledged Centos 7 containers on Ubu 14.04, I faced
some issues and moved to having CentOS 7 host, probably I should revisit
using Ubuntu.

I am currently using Centos 7 host with lxc and lxc-template packages from
EPEL

So in general, running priviledged CentOS guest on Ubuntu for above
objectives should be OK and recommended right ? sorry its bit offtopic.

Going through your how to on Centos systemd on ubuntu. Thanks for that

- Rahul