[lxc-users] lxc-execute

Király, István laking at d250.hu
Sat Feb 6 21:26:56 UTC 2016

Hello list, ..

I thought I understand lxc-execute, but I could use some clarification.

So I run a command, like /bin/bash or /bin/mc ... and get some errors.

lxc-execute: utils.c: open_without_symlink: 1626 No such file or directory
- Error examining fuse in /usr/lib64/lxc/rootfs/sys/fs/fuse/connections
init.lxc: initutils.c: mount_fs: 36 failed to mount /proc : Device or
resource busy
init.lxc: initutils.c: mount_fs: 36 failed to mount /dev/shm : No such file
or directory

>From a question on github:

It's expected that the command in question be able to act as an init system

I thought I can just execute commands on a stopped container, lxc-init
creates an init process which sets up the minimal container process
environment and then executes a command, and the processes it spawns. ...

So my question is what commands qualify for lxc-execute?

What is the purpose of lxc-execute?

Can I run a command eg, apache or mc so that I only run the processes it
needs and not the full container OS?

Thanks in advance.

--
 Király István