[lxc-users] Equivalent of proc:mixed and sys:mixed in 1.0

Badri Janakiraman badri.j at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 22:18:46 UTC 2016

Hello

We have been recently running into problems trying to get ephemeral
containers to start on the v1.1.5 & the 2.0.0-beta2 code streams.
Specifically, the problems see to be related to how libpam-cgm sets up the
cgroups using cgfs in v1.1 & 2.0-beta - vs. how they seem to work if we set
them up manually on v1.0.8 using cgmanager. We understand that the 1.1
codestream is going through some major changes and so are willing to switch
to using the 1.0 stable version.

However, when switching from 1.1 to 1.0, there is one change that we hope
we could get some help with. It appears that the lxc.mount.auto parameter
does not support the proc:mixed & sys:mixed values in 1.0 config file
format. The documentation & explanation of these values states that these
parameter values simplify the configuration of the r/w permissions for how
the /proc and /sys get mounted in the guest

However, given that we can't use these simplifications in the 1.0 config
files, is there a way of getting the same results with a more complex
configuration? i.e. if we specified that lxc.mount.auto as proc:rw, would
it be possible remount /proc/sys and /proc/sysrq-trigger as r/o? Similarly,
with /sys, if we specified lxc.mount.auto as sys:ro, would it be possible
to remount /sys/devices/virtual/net alone as sys:rw?

Is it just a matter of adding the corresponding entries for in
lxc.mount.entries parameter?

Thank you
- Badri