[lxc-users] can't login by ssh with root to my containers

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Dec 21 10:10:30 UTC 2016

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 5:03 PM, mierdatutis mi <mmm286 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to login by ssh from my host to my lxc servers with root.
> When I'm trying with ubuntu user I don't have any problems but when I do
> with root says me password incorrect.
> In my lxc I do "sudo passwd" to change my password.
>
> Any help please?

Containers are, for most purposes (including ssh login), just a minimal OS
install. As such, look for relevant howto for your container distro/version.

A simple google search would've got you the result you wanted for ubuntu:
https://www.google.com/search?q=ubuntu+16.04+ssh+login+root
https://linuxconfig.org/enable-ssh-root-login-on-ubuntu-16-04-xenial-xerus-linux-server-desktop

--
Fajar