[lxc-users] can't have internet in lxc container

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Dec 14 12:59:25 UTC 2016

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 7:24 PM, mierdatutis mi <mmm286 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I put the lxc config original file and I have the same problem.

What "same problem"?

> My host have ip by dhcp by wifi and my lan is 192.168.1.0.
>
> I would like to have the container with ip fixed and it is in my lan how
> other computer.
>
> If I understand you, to can make these I have to configure with macvlan.
> How could I configure these? How could I configure these in the host?

Start from the defaults, make small changes one by one:
(1) Start a simple container using "download" template, selecting ubuntu
16.04 when prompted. DO NOT change anything. Are you able to use lxc-attach
and access the internet? If NO, then your host setup is messed up. I
suggest start from scratch (possibly on a VM)

(2) you can NOT use macvlan / bridge-host-interface on wifi. Try on simple
wired interfaces first (again, use VMs if you have to).
https://www.flockport.com/lxc-macvlan-networking/ should be a good place to
start.

(3) There IS a way to make what you want kinda-possible, with proxy arp and
static IP. But it's complicated. Don't bother trying it if you can't even
have (1) and (2) running yet.

--
Fajar