[lxc-users] docker 1.11 - swarm - overlay

Benoit GEORGELIN - Association Web4all benoit.georgelin at web4all.fr
Mon Aug 29 04:42:48 UTC 2016

Hi dear members of the list
Are you able to use docker inside an LXD container , using a docker swarm cluster and an overlay network ?

Here is what I have when I run a docker inside the cluster :

docker: Error response from daemon: Error response from daemon: error creating external connectivity network: cannot restrict inter-container communication: please ensure that br_netfilter kernel module is loaded.

This module exist on the host :

lxd-virt-01b(06:35:32)/proc/sys/net/bridge] lsmod|grep br_net
br_netfilter 24576 0

The file exist
/lib/modules/4.4.0-28-generic/kernel/net/bridge/br_netfilter.ko

This module is loaded on the lxd container

root at dock-m1:~# lsmod|grep br_net
br_netfilter 24576 0

But the file does not exist
root at dock-m1:~# ls -al /lib/modules/4.4.0-28-generic/kernel/net/bridge/br_netfilter.ko
ls: cannot access '/lib/modules/4.4.0-28-generic/kernel/net/bridge/br_netfilter.ko': No such file or directory ======> I don't know how to fix it :/

root at dock-m1:~# docker -v
Docker version 1.11.2, build b9f10c9

name: dock-m1
profiles:
- docker
- default

and I tried :
config:
security.privileged: "true"

On the docker swarm , I have my overlay network :

ab0e87a92785 swarm-network overlay

I'm trying to execute this command :
root at dock-m1:~# docker -H tcp://swarm_manager:port run -itd --net swarm-network -e constraint:node==dock-m1 --name u1 ubuntu

Thanks for you help.

PS: any idea if docker 1.12 is ready to be used inside an LXD container ?