[lxc-users] I think terminology of LXD & LXC still confuses newcomers

Scott Lopez scottjl at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 15:36:48 UTC 2016

Hi!

New user here (first post!) been using LXC/LXD for a few weeks. First,
awesome project, wish I had discovered it sooner. Second. I totally
agree with this statement. As someone who is learning all about
LXC/LXD I was completely confused about commands and syntax in the
beginning. I started reading LXD tutorials with only LXC installed and
was frustrated when commands weren't working. Got LXD installed and
was happy things were working properly, but then some of my LXC
tutorials no longer were relevant. I wondered why the LXD team just
didn't use lxd to begin with.

In the end I found Stephane Graber's excellent tutorials and have only
been learning/using LXD commands. Things definitely would have been
easier if they were separated from the start.