[lxc-users] publishing images

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 28 03:24:05 UTC 2016

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 11:01:42PM -0400, Pete Osborne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to setup an image server for my development team. I'm trying to
> push a container from one host to a remote so that other users can use the
> image. I happen to be pushing over an openvpn connection. My local IP is
> 192.168.2.158 but my IP for the VPN is 172.16.0.5.
>
> sudo lxc remote add gloin 192.168.0.196
> Certificate fingerprint: ok (y/n)? y
> Admin password for gloin:
> Client certificate stored at server:  gloin
>
> sudo lxc publish development gloin: --alias=development
> error: Get
> https://192.168.2.158:8443/1.0/images/2c00f2ae68df008fe1977325512153a45156baf3b9c70b7b8be4b10bfd004e77?secret=ef5283bbfde3a7a4ca32efd8c4af99631b4df3f6523d4bcf72ea935d9426c
> f97: Unable to connect to: 192.168.2.158:8443
>
> I assume this is the correct approach but it appears that lxd is trying to
> connect back on the wrong IP, is there a way to tell lxd to use a different
> IP or interface?

Easiest way to force it would be to set core.https_address to be 172.16.0.5.
We have logic in a bunch of places to try all IPs one by one, but I
guess we've missed that particular code path.

We also have a plan to allow for push rather than pull, which would fix
this in a possibly cleaner way too.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer